Thursday, November 21, 2013

Ronin

Most of us are familiar with 28 Hong Kong Street for drinks, but if you're up for coffee and sandwiches instead, say hello to Ronin at 17 Hong Kong Street. Ronin is an infant at two weeks old, but they are brought to you by older siblings The Bravery and The Plain.





















When we first stepped in, the place looked rather dim. Perhaps a good place for first dates! The service was great, they currently do not have a menu so the waitress was very patient in explaining to us the food and drinks available.

Personally, I'd still like to have a menu just so I've all my options laid out in front of me. The menu is currently in the works, so don't worry, this coffee and sandwich place is not trying to follow the bespoke cocktail concept where they surprise you with a meal according to how you feel that day.

We went during lunch hour and while the place was crowded, we did not have to wait very long for seats for two.


Loved how they placed the bread in a cage-like container.






















We sat at the communal table which could seat 8-10 people if my memory serves me right.


Dirty Ronin




















The waitress recommended us the Dirty Ronin sandwhich which contained sausage ham, eggs, cheese and some veggies. It was delicious, and I loved that the bread was fresh and crisp. They were also generous with the serving, the two of us were only able to finish half of it!


Big Breakfast Set 



















For our breakfast set, we added on avocados, mushrooms and bacon. It came up to $19 in total. Loved how fluffy the eggs were!



My colleague also got the brownie for an afternoon snack. I'm typically not a brownie person, but that was one brownie I enjoyed! Other colleagues who tried it also raved about it.

Location : 
17 Hong Kong Street
Singapore


No comments:

Post a Comment